Senior Operations Manager (m/f/d)
Oiltanking has been active in tank storage logistics since 1972, and is one of the largest independent operators of tank terminals for oils, chemicals and gases worldwide. The company owns and operates 70 terminals in 23 countries with a total storage capacity of 20 million cbm, on five continents – in Europe, North America, Latin America, the Middle East, Africa, India, and the Asia-Pacific region.
We are looking for a
Senior Operations Manager (m/f/d)
Purpose & Goals:
The Senior Operations Manager has the obligation to provide support to the operations and maintenance departments of the operating companies within the regions. She/he needs to ensure that high quality and sustainable operational procedures, safety and quality improvement programs are implemented or improved in the individual terminals using proven technology and international best practices.
(General, professional and personal skills to accomplish the main tasks successfully)
- Master Degree in a related Engineering discipline or from a maritime academy.
- Fluent in English and one additional language; German is a plus
- Extensive experience in terminal operations, covering process safety management, quality management (continuous improvement), operational methods and procedures, incident investigation, risk analysis, etc.
- Several years in a supervisory position.
- Comprehensive understanding of terminal operational processes, quality systems, relevant industrial standards (ISO, OCIMF, API, etc) and (automated) systems.
- Deep understanding of the terminal business and its drivers from a technical, operational and HSSE point of view.
- Willingness to travel across the globe.
- Ability to work in an international team.
- Ability to adapt to different cultures and environments.
- Open mindedness and positive attitude.
- Very good communication skills – diplomatic skills and relationship-building capabilities, patience and confidence build-up as well as multi-cultural aspects are key words.
- Reports to the General Manager Operational Excellence & Compliance and has an important role of developing and improving operational integrity in the broadest sense. Monitor and audit the various operations excellence programs in place or being implemented in the terminals. Work closely with the Regional A&O Managers and the Operations and Terminal Managers on the terminals.
- Inform the GM Operations Excellence & Compliance regularly on developments, critical issues and decisions on global operations.
- Shall be responsible to track all the customer complaints related to terminal operations as well as actual incidents and improvement suggestions. Investigate the same individually and with the local team depending upon the seriousness and make suitable recommendations to avoid the recurrence of these incidents. Identifies operational problems by observing and studying system functioning and performance results; completing troubleshooting procedures.
- Improves operational quality results by studying, evaluating, and recommending process re-design; implementing changes; contributing information and opinion to engineering design and modification teams.
- Develops operational solutions by defining, studying, estimating, and screening alternative solutions; calculating economics; determining impact on total system.
- Provides operational management information by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing operating and maintenance data and trends.
- Focal point for internal quality assessments and Peer Reviews. Assure timely execution and follow-up of identified actions.
- Identifies operational priorities by assessing operational objectives; determining project objectives, such as, efficiency, cost savings, energy conservation, operator convenience, safety, environmental quality; estimating relevance, time, and costs.
- Ensure the development of risk based schemes to provide the required level of assurance of fitness for continued operation.
- Participates in the establishment of operational performance indicators that will serve in achieving the departmental KPIs.
- Shall audit terminals when required for system implementation, peer review and training purposes.
- Ensures that operational quality procedures are reviewed and updated in compliance with the company’s quality policies and procedures.
- Custodian of anomaly tracking and management of change register as applicable to Operations Management.
- Monitoring and following up on deviations and non-conformities identified.
- In liaison with the regional/local A&O Manager assure compliance of operational management processes and procedures with the company's systems and standards.
- Prepare periodical progress reports on the operational KPI's and periodic reports to keep local and global management informed about the progress of all initiatives and to facilitate decision making.
- Knowledge sharing from the corporate centre towards the terminals/regions and vice versa needs to be ensured in order to prevent mistakes or ‘re-inventing the wheel’. Knowledge gained needs to be transferred into data banks as developed and maintained on corporate level.
- Support all business related decisions from the operational management point of view.
- Potential project assistance during execution/commissioning.
- Participate in/support due diligences of existing terminals (acquisitions) sale and project feasibility studies.
- Review and discuss annual budget cycle related operational proposals.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
If you are interested in this position, please send us your application including your salary expectations and the earliest possible starting date using the online application tool on our website. Should you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact Simone Fincke.
Marquard & Bahls AG
+49 40 37004-7292
+49 40 37004-7452+49 40 37004-7499www.oiltanking.com