Regional Assets & Operations Manager (m/f/d)
Oiltanking has been active in tank storage logistics since 1972, and is one of the largest independent operators of tank terminals for oils, chemicals and gases worldwide. The company owns and operates 74 terminals in 24 countries with a total storage capacity of 20 million cbm, on five continents – in Europe, North America, Latin America, the Middle East, Africa, India, and the Asia-Pacific region.
Whether we are providing exceptional storage services, creating profitable outsourcing projects, or engineering successful joint ventures, you will find us wherever there’s a need for creative logistical solutions. Our clients include private and state oil companies, refiners, petrochemical companies, and traders in petroleum products and chemicals.
The regional office (Oiltanking Europe, Nordics & Baltics) which is based in Amsterdam is looking for a:
Regional Assets & Operations Manager (m/f/d)
- The Regional Assets & Operations (A&O) Manager Europe provides support to the operations, engineering, maintenance and HSSE departments of the 10 operating companies within the Europe, Nordics & Baltics region. She/he needs to ensure that high quality and sustainable operational procedures, good engineering practices, safety and quality improvement programs are implemented or improved in the individual terminals using proven technologies and international best practices. Moreover she/he needs to have a close follow up on approved capex projects within her/his region.
- You report directly to the Regional Director Oiltanking Europe B.V. and dotted to the Regional Director Oiltanking Nordics & Baltics. You also have a functional reporting line to the Director A&O Oiltanking GmbH.
- Provide operational and engineering expertise and support to the terminals. Your role is to ensure cost effective, sustainable and proven innovative technological solutions for the design, construction, maintenance and operations of terminals.
- Being the focal point for all terminals within the region on HSSE, Engineering and Operational matters by respecting the matrix organizational approach of open communication channels between the headquarter (OTCC), region and terminals.
- Close follow up on approved capex projects on terminals while reporting any potential problems and bottlenecks back to the region and OTCC. Ensure that all capex projects are being applied on terminal level making sure the required documents are being checked and corrected before submission to the OTCC for final approval. Coordinate annual capex budget process.
- Ensure that all mandatory and obligatory specifications as issued by OTCC are respected and implemented on terminal level.
- Focal point for internal quality assessments and Peer Reviews on regional level. Assure timely execution and follow-up of identified actions. Ensuring quality and compliance (legal standards and corporate guidelines).
- Identifies operational priorities by assessing operational objectives; determining project objectives, such as, efficiency, cost savings, energy conservation, operator convenience, safety, environmental quality; estimating relevance, time and costs. Define as member of the A&O Leadership Team and in line with the Oiltanking Strategy the long term goals of the Asset & Operations of Oiltanking.
- Implement decisions being taken on A&O Leadership Team level within the region. Be the Project Sponsor within the region on special A&O related projects identified by the A&O Leadership Team.Monitor and audit the various operational excellence programs in place or being implemented in the terminals. Work closely together with the Terminal, Engineering, Maintenance, Operations and HSSE Managers of the operating companies within the region.
- Work closely together with the General Manager (GM) Central Engineering and GM Operational Excellence & Compliance. Liaise with GM Central Engineering on all engineering related issues within the region; OTCC takes the lead/will be involved in all conceptual studies and new builds/larger expansion projects within the region. Identify/recommend together with the terminals where OTCC support on engineering level will be required or is recommended and vis versa. Inform the GM Central Engineering and GM Operations Excellence & Compliance regularly on developments, critical issues and decisions to be taken on the terminals within the region.
- Knowledge sharing from OTCC towards the terminals/regions and vice versa needs to be ensured in order to prevent mistakes or ‘re-inventing the wheel’. Knowledge gained needs to be transferred into data banks as developed and maintained on corporate level. Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations. Support all business related decisions from the operational/technical management point of view.
- Participate in/support due diligences and project feasibility studies.
- Supervising and supporting the design and construction of tank terminals and connected infrastructure on a regional scale, considering standards, budgets and legal requirements.
- You have a technical Master degree (e.g. Engineering) or similar technical knowledge by experience.
- You have at least 10 years of relevant work experience in an operational-technical environment, preferably within the gas, chemical, oil and petrochemical industry / tank storage. This entails terminal engineering related tasks, process safety management, quality management (continuous improvement), operational methods, procedures and (automated) systems, incident investigation, risk analysis, main equipment and infrastructure, HSSE; etc.
- You are driven by the principles of safety and operational excellence.
- You have several years of proven people management experience as manager of an important team and you practice a motivational and decisive leadership style.
- You have an open minded and positive attitude. Very good communication skills, diplomatic skills, teamwork and relationship-building capabilities, patience and confidence building are key words.
- Ability to adapt to different regions, cultures and environment. Ability to work in an international team. Willingness to travel within the region.
- You have fluent communication skills in English.
Please send your application by email to Ann De Roey, Regional HR Manager Oiltanking Europe, Nordics & Baltics: ann.de.roey[at]oiltanking.com