Operations & Logistics Manager (m/f/d)
Oiltanking has been active in tank storage logistics since 1972, and is one of the largest independent operators of tank terminals for oils, chemicals and gases worldwide. The company owns and operates 73 terminals in 24 countries with a total storage capacity of 20 million cbm, on five continents – in Europe, North America, Latin America, the Middle East, Africa, India, and the Asia-Pacific region.
Oiltanking Antwerp Gas Terminal NV, a fully-owned subsidiary of Oiltanking GmbH, is located in the port of Antwerp and is one of the largest independent terminals in Europe for storage, throughput and distribution of LPG’s and petrochemical gases. In 2016, Oiltanking acquired the Antwerp Gas Terminal, and accelerated working on the enormous expansion potential. In 2017, a contract was signed for the construction of a 135,000 cbm fully Re-frigerator butane tank that will go into operation in 2019. By 2022, Oiltanking Antwerp Gas Terminal NV will build a new 135,000 cbm propane storage tank to supply the Borealis production facility in Kallo, Belgium. In order to lead the Operations & Traffic organization, Oiltanking Antwerp Gas Terminal is looking for an
Operations & Logistics Manager
The key objective of the Operations & logistics organization of Oiltanking Antwerp Gas Terminal (OTAGT) is to take ownership and responsibility for a significant part of the ‘primary process’ of OTAGT in a safe, secure and sustainable way. This includes planning, loading and unloading related activities of customer’s products, including all related administrative duties for all products stored at the terminal. The ultimate objective is to provide state-of-the-art, safe and competitive services to our customers.
The Operations & Logistics Manager is responsible to manage the Operations & Logistics organization which includes the following responsibilities:
- a strong HSSE mindset and actively interacts with the HSSE department in order to secure the application of our high HSSE standards
- you are a member of the OTAGT Management Team, which is jointly responsible for the daily management of OTAGT
- direct report to the General Manager.
- listen, understand and act on the day-to-day issues in the Operations & Logistics organization and particularly all of its teams and team members
- focussing on the management of change process within the organization as new standards and procedures are to be introduced
- taking care of an efficient department training approach
- developing, optimizing and monitoring Operations & Traffic KPI’s and working methods
- responsibility for the department budget
- representing in almost all the core processes of OTAGT and maintains an active/outreaching dialogue with all departments
- providing relevant input during the scope definition phase of Engineering & Maintenance projects and is responsible for the commission of new installations
We are looking for an engineer with a solid management experience in the gas, oil or chemical industry and technical expertise in HSSE, operations, logistics and process technology. The Operations & Logistics Manager preferably has experience with commissioning and transfer of projects to an operational organization. The role of The Operations & Logistics Manager requires a broad range of leadership competences:
- operations excellence
- results orientation
- strategic orientation
- collaboration & influencing
- building organizational capability
- team leadership
- change leadership
- marketplace insight
What We Offer:
You have the opportunity to contribute to the further development of Oiltanking Antwerp Gas Terminal. We provide an attractive salary package with a wide range of fringe benefits.