Business Development Manager - Gas Liquids (m/f/d)
Oiltanking has been active in tank storage logistics since 1972, and is one of the largest independent operators of tank terminals for oils, chemicals and gases worldwide. The company owns and operates 74 terminals in 24 countries with a total storage capacity of 20 million cbm, on five continents – in Europe, North America, Latin America, the Middle East, Africa, India, and the Asia-Pacific region.
We are looking for a
Business Development Manager, Gas Liquids (m/f/d)
who can identify and manage strategic growth and acquisition efforts to maximize the contribution of the gas liquids seqment for Oiltanking North America and its subsidiaries. This position designs specific approaches and detailed transaction financial structures to maximize after-tax value captured by Oiltanking as well as pre-emptively indentifies development targets by geography, market segments and specific terms.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
- Works collaboratively with the Director, Business Development and the management team around the strategic development of the company’s prospective Gas Liquids businesses
- Identify opportunities and generate projects through the following means:
- In-depth research into product markets and external factors shaping them (geopolitics, laws and regulations, technological developments, etc.) and understanding market needs for related infrastructure;
- Discussions with customers to understand their logistics bottlenecks and coming up with feasible solutions;
- Discussions with banks and other financial institutions to identify projects which may require new or alternative financial and strategic partners;
- Regular networking via attending conferences, seminars and symposiums.
- Establish and develop partner relations with relevant entities – customers, financial institutions, consultants, etc. - on the decision-making level.
- Build business cases for identified projects, including the following aspects:
- Market forecast based on in-depth market analysis of specific products, identifying existing and projected commodity trends and making “best”, “base” and “worst case” scenarios;
- Technical and engineering assessment of the facilities in close coordination with the engineering team in understanding the capital costs and optimal functionality of the greenfield or brownfield assets;
- Financial evaluation of the project with a clear understanding of expected returns; perform risk analysis of each project.
- Leading commercial and legal negotiations with the stakeholders in close coordination with the relevant teams. Which can include joint ventures, commercial offtake agreements, bank loan agreements, EPC contracts, land lease/purchase agreements, etc.
- Preparation and presentation of the comprehensive Final Investment Report to management.
- Coordination and communication of ongoing projects to internal teams, top regional management and company’s headquarters.
- Commercial decision-making support to management through provision of insights into respective products and geographies.
- Regular assessment and, if necessary, a revision of the general strategy of the company in a given country, region or across a product portfolio.
- Minimum Bachelor degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Finance, or Engineering, MBA preferred
- At least 3 years commercial experience in Oil and Gas, Midstream experience preferred
- Minimum 2-3 years Business Development experience with good track record demonstrated
- Strong networking and negotiations skills
- Strong in financial analysis skills and proposal preparation
- Possess strong market analysis skills and must be lateral thinking
- Proven ability to relate and communicate well to stakeholders at all levels, whether field technicians or executive leadership
- Possess entrepreneurial skills
- Travel is essential for this position
- Superior presentation and excellent oral and written communication skills
- Extensive knowledge of the oil and gas, chemicals, dry bulk and logistics industry
- Project management skills
Interested candidates should apply through the Workday link or by email.