A Journey Through Time: Milestones of Success

October 2016

Marquard & Bahls Acquires Additional Shares in Oiltanking Odfjell Terminal Oman

The Marquard & Bahls Group expands its investment in Oman by acquiring 21.99% of the indirect ownership in Oiltanking Odfjell Terminals & Co. LLC. This transaction turns Marquard & Bahls as a group into the indirect majority shareholder of the terminal. Oiltanking GmbH already has an indirect ownership of 29.75% in the terminal, so the acquisition of additional shares increases Marquard & Bahls’ total indirect holding in Oiltanking Odfjell Terminals & Co. LLC to 51.74%.

Operational since late 2008, the terminal is situated in the petrochemical hub of Sohar Industrial Port, strategically located at the entrance to the Middle East Gulf. The terminal is the only liquid storage provider in Sohar Port and Free Zone.