Oiltanking Deutschland Acquires Tank Terminal in Deggendorf
Oiltanking Deutschland acquires the BayWa tank terminal in the Bavarian town of Deggendorf with effect from September 1, 2013. Oiltanking Deutschland shares a special history with the new site: The tank terminal was already part of the company between 1957 and 1983.
Marquard & Bahls built the Deggendorf tank terminal in 1957 and operated it in the years that followed. In 1972, Marquard & Bahls’ tank terminals were merged into the new subsidiary, Oiltanking. In 1983, Oiltanking Deutschland sold the tank terminal to BayWa, which operated it under the name DTL Donau-Tanklager (DTL Danube Tank Terminal).
The Deggendorf tank terminal, located directly on the Danube, has good connections to the road and rail network. Its 14 tanks, with a total capacity of approximately 25,000 cbm, are used to store heating oil and diesel. The facility fulfills an important function in supplying the regions of Lower Bavaria, the Bavarian Forest and western Austria.