Project Manager (m/f/d)
Oiltanking has been active in tank storage logistics since 1972, and is one of the largest independent operators of tank terminals for oils, gases and chemicals worldwide. The company owns and operates 65 terminals in 23 countries with a total storage capacity of 20 million cbm, on five continents – in Europe, North America, Latin America, the Middle East, Africa, India, and the Asia-Pacific region.
The Project Manager (m/f/d) will be the sole focal point for routine responsibility and execution of the Company's projects. They will interact with service providers, stakeholders and other resources within the projects.
Overall Projects Management:
- Provide engineering support for new and upgrading projects as well as major maintenance works for the terminal. Fine tune technically and optimize requested operational requirements for existing and for future phases
- Implement & manage multiple tank terminal and berths facilities projects
- Prepare with other department members about the projects’ overall strategy and policies
- Develop effective detailed project execution plans within the agreed overall project strategy plans. And revises these as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements of the Company
- Prepares cost estimates and technical feasibility reports, when required
- Identifies resources required and assigns individual responsibilities
- Manages day-to-day operational aspects of the project, by effectively coordinating relevant construction and engineering activities between individual contractors, Steering Committee, Operations, HSSE and Management Team
- Actively controls Company’s project exposure and risk (technical, HSSE and commercial).
- Project budget preparation for capital expenditure
- Ensure the Company's HSSE standards and policies are incorporated within each project
- Ensure smooth progress and completion of projects within approved budget, time, acceptable quality standards, in a safe manned as well as in line with the applicable local law
- Setting up project related cost control structure for monitoring, steering & reporting purpose.
FEED Consultants, Contractors and Suppliers Management:
- Ensure that tender documents are pristine from a functional specifications, technical specifications and contractual point of view
- Coordinate effectively the activities of various Consultants (FEED, RA, IAE, HAZOP, etc..)
- Evaluate tender submissions and negotiate technical and commercial offers for new phases and other projects.
- Coordinate and direct projects, making detailed plans to accomplish the project goals and directing the integration of the EPCC activities
- Periodically reviews Contractor deliverables
- Develops and implements detailed quality assurance procedures.
Site & Construction Coordination:
- Effectively enforces Company’s project and HSSE standards
- Enforce the HSSE reporting requirements
- Ensure that Contractors strictly comply with the stipulations in the contract with regard to their detailed design, vendor selection, material selection, quality control, schedule
- Supervise, monitor and inspect contractors and suppliers’ work and material to ensure performance is of acceptable quality
- Motivate contractors to finish the projects on time. A pro-active approach is required to identify the potential delays and proposed recovery or mitigating measures
- Ensure that the QC Surveyors on site are reporting directly and effectively to the Project Manager
- Review and approve Piping Layouts & Equipment data sheets for new facilities
- Review and approve GADs & detail drawings
- Co-relate Isometrics, GADs & PI&Ds for mechanical clearances
- Ensure HSSE & quality requirements during the development of deliverable
- Direct, review and approve design documents, drawings, cross checking of Bill of Materials submitted by contractors / vendors
- Review & approval of construction activities’ method statements, procedures and hydro test loop packs
- Plan and follow-up the engineering, procurement and construction activities of terminal facilities including piping and equipment
- Collect information through site surveys and incorporating in drawing/ document
- Coordinate with piping engineering & other discipline team for field design change, site constraint and status of documents, preparation of as built drawings and documents
- Monitoring & control of site activities, discuss corrective actions if necessary
- Ensure the pipes, plates and bought out items are inspected, stored, handled, erected, tested and commissioned in accordance with the applicable codes, specifications, drawings and design documents
- Ensure that Work Permit System requirements are met in Operational areas as well as brownfield and greenfield project areas. Coordinate with Operations, maintenance, HSSE & Contractors for interface activity. Ensure that work area checks, work permits and safety requirements has been followed and maintained at site before starting any work
- Ensure that the Contractors’ work is carried out in a safe and proper manner
- Communicate effectively with direct superior, all staff, contractors, consultants and suppliers
- Daily progress monitoring, follow-up for fabrication, erection and testing of piping at site and at the fabrication yard
- Meet with consultants/ contractors/ suppliers to resolve on-site construction issues
- Prepare monthly project updates / reports
- Lead the monthly Steering Committee meetings of various projects.
- Manages project budget and schedules within agreed targets.
- Ensure that all changes are documented, variations are negotiated and documented
- Ensures timely and accurate invoice check and endorsement, for quantity and quality claimed by Contractors.
- Ensure that the Contractors’ hand over the complete facility in a proper and timely manner
- Develop effective detailed commissioning plans, to ensure that the systems are energized and functional specifications of the facilities are met. Commissioning tasks must include spare parts requirements, the training and familiarization of operations staff prior to commissioning and integration of operations staff in the commissioning team.
- Liaise & coordinate effectively with third parties where required.
- Responsible for technical concept to commissioning of the projects, including all techno-commercial matters
- Provide technical guidance to Operations and Maintenance teams
- Participate in pre-commissioning & commissioning activities, checks and take corrective action to complete as built documents and handing over documents
- Liaise with the Free-zone (JAFZA) and with respective relevant government authorities and obtain all necessary approvals.
- Ensures that all project documentation is complete, current, in line with contractual obligations and stored appropriately
- Ensure that all penalties to be claimed by the Company are raised
- Close all potential variations and claims with the Contractors.
Additional Job Requirements:
- Health, Safety, Environment, Quality Requirements: Provide leadership in the execution and motivation required for safe work practice Provide sound judgment for the planning of work to provide a safe work environment.
- Financ: Understanding of basic economic models, P/L, and cost-to-completion projections Project cost control management skills Cost estimate, cost negotiation and variations negotiations skills Capital project budgeting Control of Contractors and suppliers completion certificates and invoices
- Commercial: Understanding of standard commercial terms and conditions, including their practical application in contracts. Effectively conveys Company’s opinion, in both written and verbal business discussions.
- 15+ years’ experience as Project manager, preferably with an EPC contractor employment background in the oil and gas industry
- Experience with projects above 200 million USD/$
- Degree holder in Engineering including but not limited to Civil, Mechanical or Chemical.
- Fluent in English
- Conversant with codes and standards such as API, ASME, NFPA and BS
- Proficiency in project monitoring tools such as MS project or Primavera as well as MS Word, Excel, Power Point
- Flexibility and independent working style
- Good internal and external commutate skills
- Team leadership skills
- Attention for accuracy and details.
If you are interested in this position, please send us your application including your salary expectations and the earliest possible starting date using the online application tool on our website. Should you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact Lisa Cargile.